[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Naturally, an intruder won’t spend months trying to force a well-locked door but will look for weak points and vulnerabilities in those information systems where security isn’t a priority. Seemingly minor vulnerabilities may end up in serious consequences and lead to the system being compromised. The acknowledged way to reduce such risks is to employ penetration testing.
To prevent your organization from possible breaches and reinforce existing security controls against a skilled attacker, ScienceSoft’s team offers penetration testing services based on a custom plan of a multistep attack that targets custom network infrastructure and applications.
We recommend fulfilling a pentest in case if:
- Regularly scheduled analyses and assessments are required by regulatory mandates.
- New network infrastructure or applications were added.
- Significant upgrades or modifications to infrastructure or applications were made.
- New office locations were established.
- End-user policies were modified.
- Corporate IT was significantly changed.
ETHICAL HACKING TO PREVENT A POTENTIAL INTRUSION
ScienceSoft offers complete penetration testing designed to identify system vulnerabilities, validate existing security measures, and provide a detailed remediation roadmap.
Our team, equipped with the latest tools and industry-specific test scenarios, is ready to deliver a thorough checkup to pinpoint system vulnerabilities, as well as flaws in the application, service, and OS, loopholes in configurations, and potentially dangerous non-compliance with security policies.
Types of a penetration test we provide:
ScienceSoft’s team provided the full package of penetration testing services for our web application. Thanks to ScienceSoft’s high-quality services, we were able to locate and neutralize vulnerabilities and ensure the security of our customers’ personal data, as well as protect our services from potential attacks.
Penetration testing methods we apply:
Black Box testing
We work in life-like conditions having strictly limited knowledge of your network and no information on the security policies, network structure, software, and network protection used
Gray Box testing
We examine your system having some information on your networks, such as user login details, architecture diagrams or the network’s overview
White Box testing
We identify potential points of weakness by using admin rights and access to server configuration files, database encryption principles, source code or architecture documentation
3 STEPS OF A PENETRATION TEST
Pre-attack phase / Planning
- Defining the intruder model (internal or external, enabled rights and privileges).
- Defining goals, source data, the scope of work, and testing targets.
- Determining the scope of a target environment.
- Developing the testing methodology.
- Defining interaction and communication procedures.
Attack phase / Testing
- Fieldwork, service identification.
- Custom scanning or intrusion tools are developed if needed.
- Vulnerabilities detection and scanning, elimination of false positives.
- Vulnerabilities exploit and gaining unauthorized access.
- Utilization of compromised systems as a springboard for further intrusion.
Post-attack phase / Reporting
- Result analysis and reporting with recommendations for reducing risks.
- Visual demonstration of the damage that can be inflicted on the system by an intruder.
Additionally, we can also eliminate the detected vulnerabilities.
At the end of the penetration testing procedure, we provide our customers with an extensive set of reports and recommendations to effectively eliminate the detected breaches:
Upon the completion of security tests, we got comprehensive reports with the detailed information on the detected critical and non-critical security weaknesses and recommended measures to mitigate them. After we carried out the remediation of critical vulnerabilities, ScienceSoft’s security engineers retested the protection of our web application again to confirm its high security level and delivered an updated final report to us.
Dzmitry Nikitsin, CTO at Appcast, a programmatic job advertising software provider
SECURITY TESTING BENEFITS
|A complete view of vulnerabilities
We provide detailed information on real security threats, help to identify the most critical and less significant vulnerabilities along with false positives so that the Customer can prioritize remediation, apply needed security patches and allocate security resources.
|Regulatory compliance (GLBA, HIPAA, PCI DSS, FISMA/NIST)
The detailed reports generated after penetration testing help to avoid fines for non-compliance and allow to illustrate due diligence to auditors by maintaining required security controls.
|Avoiding the cost of system/network downtime
ScienceSoft’s team provides specific guidance and recommendations to avoid financial pitfalls by identifying and addressing risks before attacks or security breaches occur.